Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I get inside the casing to change the headlight bulb on my 01 Ford Taurus.?

I am pretty sure that I can figure out how to change the bulb itself, it's just how do I get to the darn thing?How do I get inside the casing to change the headlight bulb on my 01 Ford Taurus.?The other day, (this was in my 02 Stang) I had a hell of a time putting new bulbs in. Come to find out, there were TWO metal clips in the back top of where the headlights are. If this is the same as you have, pop them out/up, and pull forward your lights. My friend actually showed me; I felt so stupid! Hope it helps.How do I get inside the casing to change the headlight bulb on my 01 Ford Taurus.?i own a repair shop,and you should be able to get to it from the back side of it,,all you have to do is twist the ring thats holding the bulb in,and the whole thing will come out,then its easy to change on it,,you may have to move something out of the way to get to the back of it though,good luck i hope this help,s.How do I get inside the casing to change the headlight bulb on my 01 Ford Taurus.?If it's like most headlights, open the hood and look at the back of the casing. There should be a large knurled knob that encircles the wires leading to the bulb. If you rotate that CCW the socket should pull out with the bulb in it. Remember don't touch the new bulb with bare hands, if you do, clean it with rubbing alcohol. The oil from your skin will make a new bulb burn out pronto. Bring the old bulb to the auto parts store they will match it up. Good luckHow do I get inside the casing to change the headlight bulb on my 01 Ford Taurus.?If there is moisture in the headlight assembly your bulb will not last. I had to change out the whole assembly with a new one from Ford. If not then just twist the headlight an do not touch the new bulb.