Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changing Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?

On my 05 F-150, I am having difficulties in accessing the three screws which hold the front headlight cover in place. The owners manual says to peel back the protective cover yet I can't get the cover to move. Since I can't acces the screws, how can I remove the them?Changing Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?One thing ive found about damn fords is that nothing is ever easy. you might have to take off the grill in order to get to the headlights in order to get to the backs of them in order to get to the bulbs themselves.Changing Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?You cannot remove them. You have to drive around with a headlight out for the rest of your life...Changing Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?you may not need to pull out the hedlight just open the hood and look behind the light you can usualy access the bulb much easier than pulling out the whole headlight good luckChanging Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?Look at the top of the headlight housing. You should see 2 flat metal brackets with the top bent flat against the housing. Pull up on both of these and remove them. Your headlight housing will then come forward and you can replace the bulb by removing the lock ring around the bulb. Reinstall in reverse order. 20 minute job to do both sides. No screws need to be removed.Changing Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?all fords have a hard way to change the lights



here are the directions



you need to get some grease so that your protective coating will com off.then it's easy to unskrew it and you know wat to do!Changing Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?Unscrew the screws in the center and pull out, then it should pull up and to the side, there are three screws that hold it in place, two covered by the rubber and one on the top.. after undoing all three, pull up on that upper tab a hair to releaseChanging Headlight Bulb on my 05 F-150?Some vehicles you have to take off the fender to get to it.